Moving Day - When it all began
Laurel Bank House | PO Box 1513 | Queenstown 9348 | New Zealand | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | mobile: +64 274 880088
Laurel Bank House was built in 1892 as a summer guest house. She was one of five boarding houses and three hotels listed in Stones Directory of 1892 in Queenstown. This number increased to eight boarding houses in 1921.
Of these original homes only Laurel Bank House and Hulbert House remain intact today.
These early guest houses are evidence of the growth of tourism in New Zealand from the early days of "gold rush” times.
Tourism remains the most important industry in Queenstown. Laurel Bank House is still going strong providing a wonderful resting place for travellers.
Ironically it is the pressure induced by the continuation of this tourism industry which has resulted in the loss of much of the evidence of early history in Queenstown.
Brief Historical Background to Laurel Bank House
The very next day at a similar time two Kings trucks repeated the journey with the remaining front parts of Laurel Bank. It was a spectacular sight and still spoken about in Queenstown.
The next 7 months were franticly making her liveable. Steve and Sheena officially moving in after their wedding day on 8th September 2007.
On the 28th December 2015, Laurel Bank House re-opened her doors to guests.